Civil Air Patrol
Meetings held:
Thursdays 6:30pm - 9:00pm

Next Meeting:

Uniform of the Day (UoD):

Location:                                        Chester County Intermediate Unit
Downingtown, PA 19335

Joining as a Senior Member

The process to become a Senior Member in the Civil Air Patrol and Squadron 1008 begins with filling out the Request More Information form on the How to join page.  You will be contacted by the Squadron Commander and given information about how you can attend our squadron meetings as a visitor.  You will need to visit three meetings before you can join.

Requirements for becoming a Senior Member

  • You must be at least 18 to join as a Senior Member.
  • You must be a citizen of the United States of America or an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence to the United States of America.
  • You must attend at least three squadron meetings as a visitor.
  • You must meet with the Squadron Commander or Deputy Commander for Seniors to discuss membership.
  • You must meet with a membership board made up of other Senior Members in the Squadron.
  • You must obtain Child Abuse and State Police clearances
  • You must be fingerprinted on an FD-258 card for an FBI criminal record search.

How much does it cost?

The annual dues for a senior membership are currently $58.  Dues may change in October, so please check https://www.gocivilairpatrol.com/join/membership-dues to find the current dues for membership in Pennsylvania.

How do I prove I am a citizen or legal resident?

If you have a US Passport or Passport Card, that will suffice.  Please refer to the list of Acceptable Proof of Residency Documents for additional options.  These must be presented for inspection to the Squadron Commander when your membership application is submitted for review and signature.

Do you need my Social Security number and what for?

You will need to enter your Social Security number on your application.  It is used by National Headquarters for screening purposes, but it will not be accessible by any member of the squadron.

Do I have to wear a uniform?  Where do I get one?

Senior members are required to wear a uniform when participating in Civil Air Patrol activities.  There are several types of uniforms you can chose from.  When you join, you will be given additional information on what types of uniforms you can buy and from where.

What’s involved with the background check?

There PA Wing maintains a web page with details on how to acquire your clearances, https://pawg.cap.gov/members/clearances.  In summary, you will need to get:

  1. A clean Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance from the Department of Human Services (DHS);
  2. A clean Pennsylvania State Police Criminal Record Check;
  3. Either a Disclosure Statement if you have been a resident of Pennsylvania for at least 10 years; or an Electronic FBI background check if you have not.

Where do I get my fingerprints done?

You will get an FD-258 fingerprint card from the squadron.  Someone at the squadron may be able to take your fingerprints, or you can try your local Police Department or Sheriff’s office to see if they would be able to help you.


© 2015 Chester County Composite Squadron 1008. All rights reserved. | Web hosting provided by Dreamhost